Some recent and upcoming events… : Good Friday service will modeled after an early Christian service called Tenebrae. The name Tenebrae is the Latin word for “darkness” or “shadows.” For the service, we will experience only a small portion of Christ’s pain and suffering the day of His crucifixion. One of the most conspicuous features of the service is the gradual extinguishing of candles until only a single candle, considered a symbol of our Lord, remains. As it gets darker and darker we can reflect on the great emotional and physical pain that was very real for Jesus that evening. There will be responsive Bible readings, a message, and some songs too. Toward the end of the service, the Christ candle is hidden, typifying the apparent victory of the forces of evil over good. By this single light we all depart this service in silence.
Interested in fellowships and ministries?
• Ushering – Please contact Cathy Chur <email> “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.” — Ephesians 6:7 (NIV) We are baptized believers with a purpose to welcome both believers and non-believers in the same way Christ showcased his love towards all people. We are welcomers to the house of God. Our focus is to help set the tone in preparation for the worship service, as well as assist with the smooth operation within the service and be available to guide and/or answer any questions our visitors or members may ask. If you are interested in joining the ushering and/or scripture reading ministry, contact Cathy and Tim.
• Sunday Refreshments – Please see contact Dominic Uy <email> Refreshments Ministry consists of volunteers who help to enhance our time of fellowship following the Sunday English service by preparing and serving coffee and donuts/bagels. Please contact Dominic if you would like to be part of our hospitality team. • Praise Music – Please contact Jason Chur <email> The worship team consists of believers who eagerly desire to worship the Lord with the congregation. Through music, scripture, and personal sharing, the team helps the congregation to prepare their hearts and bring praise to God. If you are interested in joining the worship team, please contact Jason.
• A/V – Please contact Caleb Chan <email> The team consists of believers with a purpose to facilitate the worship service and church events through audio and visual aids including setup and tear down of audio equipment for special events, providing Audio/Visual support for church services on a weekly basis (Audio system/ PowerPoint projections), and audio and video recordings of services and special events. We work closely with the worship team and special event teams (i.e. Easter, Christmas, retreat, Moon festival etc.). Experience in technical A/V knowledge is not required (we will train you), but a serving heart is required. If you are interested in joining the A/V team, please contact Caleb.
• CrossCulture Youth Group A youth ministry that exists to encourage teenagers to solidify the foundations of their Christian faith in order to prepare them for college and beyond. Through exciting fellowship, thoughtful bible studies and inspired worship, CrossCulture is building up firm believers that will stand up for Christ.
• Cross Community Fellowship Seasoned professionals who are single and married with/without children, graduate students, and college students who desire to grow in the Lord through learning from the Bible and sharing lives together.